CC-RISE is an eight-week, paid, summer research internship program for community college students run by the Center for Dark Energy Biosphere Investigations. Students will gain firsthand exposure to the scientific process by working in a faculty-led research lab at the University of California Santa Cruz or at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA. In addition to research, students will participate in activities focusing on how to transition from a two-year college to a university and information on graduate school. At the end of the program, students will present their results to an audience of peers and mentors.
- Paid (varies according to site), 8-week research internship at UCSC or MBL (non residential)
- Conduct research 40 hours/week, focused on a project in a STEM lab
- Mentored and trained in research procedures
- Excited to do research (prior research experience not necessary)!
- Currently enrolled in a community college, planning to transfer to a 4-year university and major in a science discipline
- Completed some science courses (biology, chemistry, geology), strongly recommended
- Minimum 3.25 overall GPA
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident
Contact and Submission Information
Contact Dr. Gretta Serres, email@example.com for more information.
Contact Dr. Adina Paytan, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.