Message from the Director:
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the NSF Science and Technology Center Program, Discover magazine featured C-DEBI in their image gallery of some of the STCs’ groundbreaking work!
Please mark your calendars for this month’s Professional Development Webinar “Sharing Data: The Joys of Open Science” by Ben Tully (C-DEBI Bioinformatic Specialist, USC), April 25th, 12-1pm PST.
And congratulations to the proponents of proposals selected for funding in our 2017 December call for research grants and fellowships. Stay tuned on our funded projects webpage for their exciting work!
- Graduate Fellowship: Taylor Royalty (Advisor: Drew Steen, University of Tennessee Knoxville)
Characterization of subsurface extracellular enzymes and the organisms that produce them using metatranscriptomics and bottom-up metaproteomics
- Graduate Fellowship: Clarisse Sullivan (Advisor: Mike Rappe, University of Hawaii)
Population genomics of Nitrospirae bacteria inhabiting deep subseafloor fluids of the Juan de Fuca Ridge flank
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Sarah Hu (Advisor: Julie Huber, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)
Probing subseafloor microbial interactions via hydrothermal vent fluids: A focus on protists
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Claire McKinley (Advisor: Evan Solomon, University of Washington)
Evaluating the extent of microbial Fe-reduction and its role in the global methane cycle
- Research Grant: Annie Rowe, University of Cincinnati
Uncovering novel mechanisms of extracellular electron uptake in subsurface-relevant marine bacterial isolates