In addition to providing training in state-of-the-art technologies and instrumentation for graduate students and beyond, we emphasize professional development training targeting skills needed both in and out of academia. These live interactive webinars provide transferable skills for all early career scientists and will be archived on the website for those unable to “attend” the live events.
Do you have questions like:
- How do I put together (or understand) a budget?
- How do I improve my work-life balance?
- How can I use social media to help my science career?
If so, then this webinar series is for you!
The first webinar for the 2017 series:
Leveraging Social Media
- Are you using social media to network and promote your science?
- Learn why you should and how to do it
- Led by Jen Biddle, Assistant Professor, College of Earth, Ocean, & Environment, University of Delaware
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:00pm PST
See the inaugural 2013 science communication “Elevator Talk” webinar presented by Dr. Myrna Jacobson-Meyers (USC), David Bader, Emily Yam, and Jenny Lentz (Aquarium of the Pacific).
Future webinars are expected to be held every other month. If you have any questions, please contact: Stephanie Schroeder (firstname.lastname@example.org), C-DEBI Education, Outreach, & Diversity Managing Director